If you are looking to transform your smile, in-office teeth whitening can provide results that are visible immediately. Receiving professional teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental procedure in the world.
Tooth whitening or tooth bleaching is the process of lightening the color of human teeth. Whitening is often desirable when teeth become yellowed over time for a number of reasons, and can be achieved by changing the intrinsic or extrinsic color of the tooth enamel.
Do You Need Teeth Whitening?
Our dentist takes great precautions to ensure teeth whitening is done safely and effectively. At Habashy Dental, we offer teeth whitening in Lake Worth Beach so your smile can be eight shades lighter in a single appointment. Continue reading to learn more about this effective and efficient treatment.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening in Lake Worth Beach or the surrounding communities
What Does the Procedure Involve?
The following steps are free from pain and discomfort:
- Your dentist near you will insert a cheek retractor into the mouth, exposing all the teeth that are visible when you smile known as the “esthetic zone teeth.”
- They will paint a hardening resin onto your gum tissue or a liquid rubber dam. This protects them from irritation caused by the bleaching gel.
- Next, a bleaching gel that contains hydrogen peroxide is applied to your teeth and kept on for approximately 15 to 30 minutes.
- The bleaching gel on your teeth is then suctioned or washed off and reapplied for a period of 15 to 30 minutes.
- A light unit may be used to activate the bleaching gel.
- Your dentist will check your teeth between applications to determine how well they have whitened and whether more bleach is required.
- Lastly, the cheek retractors are removed after the final gel application, and you will rinse your mouth.
Looking for teeth whitening near you? Habashy Dental offers teeth whitening in Lake Worth Beach. Teeth whitening can dramatically improve your appearance and boost your self-confidence. Contact our dental office to schedule your appointment today!
Make an Appointment